The It Takes Two to Talk Program teaches you how to become your child’s most important language teacher.
It’s designed for 0-5 year olds who have been identified with language delay or considered to be a ‘minimal talker’.
Break free of confusing and frustrating communication barriers and learn a new way to develop language skills with your child.
Imagine a happier day, where meal time, bath time and playtime are enjoyablebecause you can put the strategies you learn into practice.
How Does It Work?
The program shows you how to;
- Recognise your child’s stage and style of communication so that you know which steps to take next
- Identify what motivates your child to interact with you so you’ll know how to get conversations started
- Adjust everyday routines to help your child take turns and keep interactions going
- Follow your child’s lead to build his confidence and encourage him to communicate
- Add language to interactions with your child to help him understand language and then use it when he is ready
- Tweak the way you play and read books with your child to help him learn language
- Change the way you speak to your child so that he’ll understand and learn new words
Who Is It For?
This program is designed for parents with a child (0-5 years old) who has been identified as having a language delay.
The program runs as a small group, where parents learn practical strategies to help their children learn language naturally throughout their day together.
What does it involve?
- 6-8 training sessions for parents in small, personalised groups
- A Hanen Certified speech-language pathologist leading the program
- A pre-program consultation for you and your child with the speech-language pathologist
- Three individual visits for you and your child with the speech-language pathologist in which you are videotaped while practicing strategies to help your child achieve specific communication goals. You and the speech-language pathologist then watch the videotaped interaction to “see” what’s helping your child and what you can modify to help even more.
What Do Other Parents Say About It?
“The It Takes Two to Talk Program has given life a whole new meaning — it’s brighter, happier, less confusing/frustrating. We have learned new and wonderful ways to communicate with our daughter and she with us.” Source: Hanen Group
Lauren is our Hanen Certified speech-language pathologist leading the program.
Lauren has expertise and drive for working with young children and their families to achieve functional communication goals by delivering energetic and up-to-date goal based therapy.
Are You Ready To Learn Strategies That Are Easy To Implement & Create Happier Communication Between You & Your Child?
Come and learn the strategies you can practice with confidence in your own home.
Please contact us today for more information.
It Takes Two To Talk Program® is a Hanen Group® program.
Program information sourced here is from the Hanen Group®
Please see the Hanen Group website for more background information